Home → Special Immigrant Visa Options

Alternative Visa Types

Certain situations may call for a different type of visa, such as:

  • Religious worker: Are a member of a religious denomination coming to the U.S. to work for a nonprofit religious organization
  • Special Immigrant Juvenile Are a child who has been abused, abandoned, or neglected by your parent and you have SIJ status
    • Afghanistan or Iraq national
    • Served as an Afghan or Iraqi translator for the U.S. government
    • Were employed by or for the U.S. government in Iraq on or after March 20, 2003, for at least one year
    • Were an Afghan employed by the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF)
  • International broadcaster Are coming to work in the U.S. as a member of the media
  • Employee of an international organization or family member or NATO-6
  • employee or family member or Are a retired officer or employee of certain international organizations, or NATO, and certain family members

Call 202-851-7648 to learn more.